Bienvenido!

Welcome and thanks for visiting my blog!  I set this up in hopes of corresponding between my friends and family in the U.S. while I study abroad in Merida, Mexico.  I hope to give you a little piece of the fascinating culture and lifestyle of the people in Merida. Please come back again soon and check for daily updates while I am abroad!

Saturday, March 7, 2009

The smallest little airport

I went yesterday to go pick up Linda, one of my best friends from high school.  She flew directly into Merida - aka the smallest airport I have ever seen.

I arrived early to pick her up, thinking that I was going to a normal airport.  I walked inside to find that I was not.  I think I was one of the only two people in the airport, minus the huge number of people working.  

I went over to check out the arrivals and make sure that her flight was on time.  The screen looked somewhat like this: there were a total of 4 flights coming in - one from Houston and three from Mexico City.

I thought maybe they only had four flights coming in at the time, but then I realized that it was a list of every single flight for the day.  Four flights come into Merida and four flights go out, making it the smallest, eight-flights-per-day airport that I have ever seen!

My Lesson of the Day: You don't have to be a big airport when your the only one in the entire state!

No comments: