Bienvenido!

Welcome and thanks for visiting my blog!  I set this up in hopes of corresponding between my friends and family in the U.S. while I study abroad in Merida, Mexico.  I hope to give you a little piece of the fascinating culture and lifestyle of the people in Merida. Please come back again soon and check for daily updates while I am abroad!

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Miel de luna....not!

I know it has been a while since I've last written, but I figured I would give you all plenty of time to read up on the last few novel-sized posts I have written. Ok, and there are other reasons too! Dave decided to come for a short 4 day visit, so I have been busy trying to show him all that the Yucatan has to offer in only 4 days. (Which doesn't leave a ton of time for blog writing.)

Ok, so a short recap of the weekend, Thurday night Dave and Carolyn's boyfriend John-Curtis arrive. Dave and I went out to sushi and to the bars. (I know, he came all the way to Mexico and the first place I took him was to sushi, ironic right? but its tradition)

Friday consisted of a trip to the cenotes, lunch at my casa, roaming Merida, and me getting sick. Saturday consisted of going to Tulum and hanging out around the city at night. Sunday brought us to Puerto Morelos and then to the Cancun airport to say goodbye to the guys and then to where we are now - in an internet cafe searching for more flights to cincinnati because they got bumped. More on everything to come later!

My Lesson of the Day: Don't fly standby!

No comments: