Bienvenido!

Welcome and thanks for visiting my blog!  I set this up in hopes of corresponding between my friends and family in the U.S. while I study abroad in Merida, Mexico.  I hope to give you a little piece of the fascinating culture and lifestyle of the people in Merida. Please come back again soon and check for daily updates while I am abroad!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Number 4: transportation

You can´t travel around the Yucatan unless you´ve traveled it like a poor college student. It would be boring to rent a car when there are so many forms of transportation out there. So this weekend I think I gave Dave a good taste of the various forms of transportation that the Yucatan has to offer!

I think we took a total of 8 bus rides, various taxi rides and several colectivos, which are the vans that go just about everywhere in the Penninsula. We even hit the less traveled on roads by tricitaxi, a bicycle powered taxi, and topped it all off with a horse-drawn truck ride through the jungle to go to cenotes. I think the only thing we possibly missed was traveling by spaceship, so perhaps we´ll have to do that next visit.

My Lesson of the Day: Having a car here only limits your mode of transportation.

No comments: