Bienvenido!

Welcome and thanks for visiting my blog!  I set this up in hopes of corresponding between my friends and family in the U.S. while I study abroad in Merida, Mexico.  I hope to give you a little piece of the fascinating culture and lifestyle of the people in Merida. Please come back again soon and check for daily updates while I am abroad!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Number 3: Carribean Beaches

Number 3 on the list of things to see here in the Yucatan is the caribbean beaches.  I have never seen water so clear or so blue as it is here on the caribbean coast.  

Like I said in my last post, we went to Tulum because it has both numbers 2 and 3: ruins and beaches.  It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.  The Mayan ruins sit atop a cliff that overlooks the caribbean sea.  After a spending a hot morning looking at ruins and taking pictures, there is nothing better than going for a dip in the sea.  All you have to do to get there is hop down some rickety wood steps and your on the beach.  

Facing the ocean all you see is blue sky, blue water and blue waves.  To your right and left you can see the ruins atop the cliffs that surround the beach.  It is a paradise uniquely Mexican.  No where else can you see both caribbean sea and important Mayan ruins.

My Lesson of the Day: This isn't really a lesson, but after Tulum, I am left wondering if the Mayan's were as into sunbathing as the tourists are.

No comments: