Bienvenido!

Welcome and thanks for visiting my blog!  I set this up in hopes of corresponding between my friends and family in the U.S. while I study abroad in Merida, Mexico.  I hope to give you a little piece of the fascinating culture and lifestyle of the people in Merida. Please come back again soon and check for daily updates while I am abroad!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

And then i saw the cockroach...

Day three of my mexican adventure is almost over and all is still going well.  I went to work again where I was a little lost...again...but I eventually found somethings to do.  I am in charge of creating two pages for our next edition, so that should keep me busy for awhile.  I'm also in charge of helping start a new project, but i'll tell you more about that when the time comes.

We finally had lunch together today, all six of us with the girls next door.  Then we rested and went to the Gran Plaza - a mall thats close to our house.  It was fun to shop there again and even more fun to spend in pesos now that the exchange rate is even better for us americans.

The day was pretty uneventful until I went for a shower before bed.  And thats when I saw it.  Hiding in the corner and creeping around the shower, with its six legs and slimy body.  La Cucaracha! I guess this trip is about more than just learning spanish.  I guess its also about conquering fears and thats just what I did.  And how was I rewarded for killing the cockroach?  A cold shower!  ugh

My Lesson of the Day: Never - ever - leave the shower drain uncovered long enough for a cockroach to come in!!

1 comment:

Roots of American Music said...

Emily ... enjoying your blog ... I love the lesson of the day bit ...very clever!
John (Molly's Dad) McDonnell