Bienvenido!

Welcome and thanks for visiting my blog!  I set this up in hopes of corresponding between my friends and family in the U.S. while I study abroad in Merida, Mexico.  I hope to give you a little piece of the fascinating culture and lifestyle of the people in Merida. Please come back again soon and check for daily updates while I am abroad!

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It just doesn't get any better than this

There are many things that I love about Mexico.  The weather is perfect, the food is great, the people are nice, and so on and so fourth.  But one of my favorite parts of living here is getting my laundry done at the lavanderia.  There is really nothing like sending your clothes away and having them come back to you, clean and perfectly folded in a little bag.  (I included a picture, because I wanted you all to see how many clothes they fit into that little bag.)  And it only costs 10 pesos a kilo.  So I got all those clothes washed for less than 5 dollars.  

I really can't put into words how happy this makes me.  Washing and folding clothes is one of my least favorite things to do.  But the lavanderia makes it too easy.  Our lavanderia is just a small open shop with a washer and dryer in the back.  We dropped our clothes off on monday and today we picked them up from the same two middle-aged women.  I think next time, I'm going to have to give them an extra tip, because my clothes look amazing.

My Lesson of the Day: Nothing compares the smell of fresh clothes from the lavanderia.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Em, If you buy a hammock please don't think dad is going to put sand between the trees in the back yard. Might want to spend some extra cash on purchasing a stand.

Sounds llike things are going good. Love ya, MOM

roelldc85 said...

We have a deal that if you fall out of the hammock, you must tell me! haha...